Friday, November 1, 2013

The Hobbit Vest

Bennett in costume, running around!
Happy November! Can't believe it's here already! But now that Halloween is over with, I will share with you my special creation. I was able to knit up a vest for my best friend's toddler, Bennett, as part of his Halloween costume this year. Amy wanted to dress him as a hobbit and I was happy to jump on the opportunity. I must say it came together perfectly; he looked so cute! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to see him in person, as they live in Georgia, but I loved seeing the pictures. Here are the details for my project, "Hobbit Vest":

Pattern Used: Pepo Pie by Joeli Caparco
Yarn Used: Knit Picks Swish Worsted in colorways Camel Heather and Truffle
Modifications: I used two different colors; one for the seed stitch border and one for the body. I also attached three buttons, instead of four.
Difficulties: Using the two colors was kind of a pain in the butt. Carrying the yarn up as I went made the skeins tangle together and then I had soooo many ends to weave in.
New Techniques: This was technically my first time using two colors at once. I have also never made a vest before and never constructed pockets before.

Overall, I am very pleased with how it turned out and so is Amy :-) Now it's time to finish my Suncrest shawl....and bake some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies!


No comments:

Post a Comment