Sunday, March 23, 2014

Winter Knitting Update (In March)

Wow...my last post was in November and now we're moving into April and the weather hasn't really changed. It is still dipping below zero some nights and not going above freezing during the day. And we still have three-foot snowbanks in our driveway, unfortunately. This winter has been one of the worst I've seen and it is draggingggggg. The calendar may say it is spring, but Michigan says otherwise. However, I have been able to complete a few knitting projects during this time, so I thought I'd finally share them.

Pattern: Shallows by Bonnie Sennott
Yarn: Fleece Artist Blue Face Leicester Socks in "Morning Mist"



Pattern: Zilver by Lisa Mutch
Yarn: Knit Picks Stroll Glimmer in "Peacock"



Pattern: Cream and Sugar by Alana Dakos
Yarn: The Plucky Knitter Plucky Feet in "Pinehurst"



Pattern: September Morn by Thea Coleman
Yarn: Knit Picks Swish Tonal in "Pearlescent"



Pattern: Diamond Kerchief Cowl by Alexis Hoy
Yarn: Knit Picks Swish Tonal in "Wine Tasting"



Pattern: Ledge Trail Vest by Elizabeth Smith
Yarn: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Bulky in "Cadet"



So I've been a little busy during this long, cold winter. I'm just ready for spring-like weather to make an appearance in Northern Michigan. My knitting should be changing from dark, heavy wool to light, bright and airy once it gets warmer. I'm longing for more color! Also, with spring on its way that means it's seed planting time. We already have some kale, broccoli and cabbage sprouting under the lights in the basement. That gives us some hope that winter will soon end.

No comments:

Post a Comment